Ranting and Venting

You'll see links to news articles, snippets from interviews and other web paraphenalia. This will also be a dumping ground for various stuff that I might need to get off my chest. Hence the Ranting and Venting title.


Thursday, November 17, 2005

IT workers dubbed 'worst dressed' - smh.com.au

I've been up and down the IT Corporate ladder. I've been in management and been a lowly peon. After ten years in the industry, I can only say one thing about this article; "Holy Crap, Yes."

I swear to you that we cannot dress ourselves properly. We cannot even use excuses like, "I get dressed in the dark" because there are several garments in each of our closets that are so bright they generate their own light!

From the Sydney Morning Herald:
"Short sleeved shirts, man-made fibres and the wrong coloured socks were some of the most common fashion faux-pas cited by corporate stylist, Melanie Moss, who hosted the event.

"Because the majority of IT people are not in front of customers all the time, they tend to slack off," she said."


In our own defense...

Who am I kidding? There is no real defense! I can say that we like the way we dress (I am right now admiring the black with red flames shirt of the guy next to me) and we shall keep it up for as long as we're allowed.

And as long as we have access to your personal data, it'll be a while. ;)

IT workers dubbed 'worst dressed' - Breaking - Technology - smh.com.au

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home